Campbell's Isabella Tokay

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Campbell's Isabella Tokay

Post by KillerB »

My winnings from Aussie for the Ashes of 2005. This was not tasted blind as I'd already revealed it.

Well, I didn't expect that!

A fairly severe-looking Victorian woman on the front and a half bottle, I presumed that I was getting something similar to a Tokaji Aszu or even Essencia - nope. This is more like a PX but made from 100% Muscadelle.

Very dark and thick it had treacle on the nose and in the mouth with a massive compote of dark fruit and oranges and a big bar of dark chocolate at the end. Absolutely astonishing. Despite the fact that everybody loved it, with seven people and only a half, its density proved to difficult to finish and I had to polish it off on the train with a guy called Walter.

I hate calling WOTN on a bottle that I brought but as it was provided by Aussie I cannot really claim credit - Thanks mate, this was stunning.
bman
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Post by bman »

Are you developing a taste for Aussie dessert wines KB? Once you're ensnared, there's no going back, you know....