Books on CDP

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Books on CDP

Post by uncle tom »

Everyone (almost..) has heard of Chateauneuf-du-Pape, yet few seem to have written about it - at least recently.

Minded to improve my knowledge of the Southern Rhone, I set out to secure a book or two on the subject - but couldn't find anything published in the last ten years that was specific to the region.

I must be missing something here - surely..?

All recommendations for good reference sources gratefully received!

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
ajfeather
Fonseca LBV

Re: Books on CDP

Post by ajfeather »

I've not seen one either, I believe john L-L is working on one and there is a lot of material on his web site (subscription) http://www.drinkrhone. Sorry I cannot be of more assistance,
Michael M.
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by Michael M. »

Shut Up 'N Drink Yer Port
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Thanks for the link Michael - looks like I'm not the only one to realise there's a gap in the winebook market..

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
Michael M.
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by Michael M. »

Tom,

for further information on the author you might scan eBob.

Michael
Shut Up 'N Drink Yer Port
Joost
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Post by Joost »

Uncle Tom,

I met the author a month ago, when he organised a CDP-tasting with about 150 different CDP's including most of the top-cuvées. Very professionally orgnaised, while it was just for wine-lovers... He is really passionated and I am very sure his book will be the reference for Chateauneuf. It is a pity that we have to wait till it is finished.

Santé,
Joost
ajfeather
Fonseca LBV

Post by ajfeather »

Not a book but someone on winepages just posted this link which looked interesting http://therhonereport.com/blog/
Overtired and emotional
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Overtired and emotional »

If the J L-L book is published, it will be the definitive work. I cannot recommend highly enough his "Wines of the Northern Rhone". His previous works are, I think, long out of print. Robert Parker's *wines of the Rhone" is pretty good but is too old now to be very useful for the Rhone as it is.
It may be drivel, but it's not meaningless.