2005 Chateau Malescasse

Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
AW77
Morgan 1991

2005 Chateau Malescasse

Post by AW77 » 23:33 Fri 03 Oct 2014

A Cru Bourgeois from the Haut Medoc:
D+0h: smells of fat blackberry, some deposit in the bottle, D+2h: purple red, smells of eucalyptus and in the background a little bit of blackberry, light to medium body, eucalyptus in the mouth, a finish of sufficient length (20 seconds), D+3h: gets fatter now, in the nose,the blackberry is in the foreground now and the eucalyptus in the background, now it has a fat, full body, smooth in the mouth, not bone dry, but with a dash of residual sugar, blackberry in the mouth, in the aftertaste there is blackberry and a lot of acidity (which I think is quite pleasant), good length now (30 seconds), a very good claret for a resonable price, next time I will decant it for three hours. I think one can recommend this one for everyday drinking.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port