related to tea

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

related to tea

Post by g-man »

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys can give me feedback on my tea shop.

http://www.brownteacup.com

i'm thinking about a redesign but would appreciate any feedback.

thanks again in advance
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: related to tea

Post by Glenn E. »

I like it - I visit periodically to browse around. I keep wanting to try both the Ice Peak Oolong and the Iron Goddess of Mercy, but I've never bought fine teas before and have no brewing equipment. I don't even have a proper tea cup! :lol:
Glenn Elliott
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

Glenn E. wrote:I like it - I visit periodically to browse around. I keep wanting to try both the Ice Peak Oolong and the Iron Goddess of Mercy, but I've never bought fine teas before and have no brewing equipment. I don't even have a proper tea cup! :lol:
i ship the teas with unbleached muslin bags or tea bags if you'd like =). Be like dipping in with liptons.

i drink my teas out of pint glasses so i'm not that far off. Fine tea cups are just too delicate for everyday drinking ;-)
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

g-man wrote:i drink my teas out of pint glasses so i'm not that far off. Fine tea cups are just too delicate for everyday drinking ;-)
Pint glasses?!? Are you sure you shouldn’t be living on this side of the pond with that level of tea commitment?!?

Why not stock some infusers in addition to the tea, then people like Glenn might be a bit more tempted to buy? My favourite are pincer-type ones like this:
default.jpeg
default.jpeg (1.18 KiB) Viewed 4965 times
but with a perforated metal ‟spoon” part, like this:
default2.jpeg
default2.jpeg (1.32 KiB) Viewed 4965 times
rather then the mesh ball. They are really cheap over here, so I imagine finding a supplier wouldn’t be too difficult.

There are two main issues with your site, which I might think about. Firstly, it would be nice to have one page where all the teas are available, rather than having to switch between colours. Even as someone who drinks a bit of tea and so knows the different between black, green, white &c., it still takes me a moment’s thought to think ‟will Jasmine be under green or herbal?”. If I didn’t know what I was after it would be a bit harder.

Secondly, I would also put short descriptions of your teas on the overview page. For instance, if I go to ‟black tea”, it would be helpful if it said something like ‟Countessa Gray: Our variation on Earl Gray with dried clementine and lemon peels”; ‟Lapsang Souchong: A smoky traditional Chinese tea”; &c. to give a bit of an overview. It also might be good to flag up which blends are unique to your company (such as the Earl Gray variations) as those would be of most interest to me.

Oh, and you need an English Breakfast Tea blend :-P
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

Thanks for the suggestions,

i'm acutally undergoing a rewrite of the website.

as my inventory is only 50-100 kgs of tea, it's hard to do more blends as we already offer 26 different kinds of teas.

But i'll add more accessories for sure.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

thanks for teh help jacob

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69736983/earl-grey-blend

i'm redesigning my website using both you and glenn's suggestion so put in a temporary store up on etsy instead.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Ages ago I was sent a roll of tea-bag paper. The roll was about 30cm ≈ 12″ across, and many tens of meters long. Fabulous port filter paper. Does g-man’s tea shop sell such accessories?
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

jdaw1 wrote:Ages ago I was sent a roll of tea-bag paper. The roll was about 30cm ≈ 12″ across, and many tens of meters long. Fabulous port filter paper. Does g-man’s tea shop sell such accessories?
actually, i'm in discussions with a supplier that does that but it's individual servings ie, single cup of tea.

it's like the coffee filter but for tea, but not nearly as "crude" as coffee filters as the filters are a bit more pourous.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

g-man wrote:it's like the coffee filter but for tea, but not nearly as "crude" as coffee filters as the filters are a bit more pourous.
Just that. But the size of a tea-bag is too small, even for ordinary bottles. A roll would be good; pre-made coffee-filter shapes also excellent. What is there?
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

http://www.amazon.com/T-sac-Tea-Filters ... B000GTNM3M

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/plymouthtea_2145_36904715

I dont have my pics up yet
and i'm negotiating prices for the first link. ( they want me to carry 300 pounds of tea filters)