Content re-use: proposed rules

Make suggestions and report problems.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Conky wrote:I personally would be snoring!

Was that any help?
I think that is exactly what I have been saying :wink:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
SushiNorth
Martinez 1985

Post by SushiNorth »

Derek T. wrote:If any member here chooses to make a statement that sets out the terms under which their content can be used by others then, in my view, that is for them to do themselves.
K.
Derek T. wrote: Let's pretend for one moment that it was SushiNorth or Jdaw1 who had started the Cockburn Vertical thread on TPF and I had posted but not attributed their words on FTLOP. What would be happening now?
Very little, i don't read closed forums.

SushiNorth
Image Port wine should perhaps be added -- A Trollope
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Sushi has just done what I was going to suggest.

I'm not sure that we would ever be able to herd the cats on this forum into a single agreed position. None of seem to disagree with the idea that folks who want to protect their content, should be able to do so but we don't seem to be convinced that this is best achieved by having a site policy.

So is it not better to do as Sushi North has just done - to include in your footer the terms and conditions by which you agree that your contribution can be reproduced?

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Which is why a — common sense — policy would be better.

Post by jdaw1 »

AHB wrote:to include in your footer the terms and conditions by which you agree that your contribution can be reproduced?
Just like a moving avatar: a distraction from the thread of conversation. Which is why a — common sense — policy would be better.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Re: Which is why a — common sense — policy would be better.

Post by Conky »

jdaw1 wrote:
AHB wrote:to include in your footer the terms and conditions by which you agree that your contribution can be reproduced?
Just like a moving avatar: a distraction from the thread of conversation. Which is why a — common sense — policy would be better.
So get on with it. Put a proposal forward, show an example, and await the verdict. We'll do the old Democratic thing. It usually works very well.

Alan