Tasting Notes List

Make suggestions and report problems.
WineLoverPT
Warre’s Warrior

Tasting Notes List

Post by WineLoverPT »

I've been finding the tasting notes list somewhat inaccessible.
So I've taken the liberty of remaking it in a somewhat different style.

It looks, at the moment, something like this...

The live version is here ...
http://knickknack.x10host.com/WineLover ... yYear.html

It needs some polishing, but If TPF would like to use it, that's fine by me - I can update it once in a while, or after significant additions.
If not, it was fun to do some programming for a few hours.
AW77
Morgan 1991

Re: Tasting Notes List

Post by AW77 »

If I may comment on this as an average member:
This way of presenting TNs (grouping all the TNs first in decades and then in years and finally alphabetically) is more easy and to use and leads faster to results than scrolling down endlessly to the TN you are looking for.
But this is just my two cents.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

The Admins are aware that the current solution is sub-optimal. But it is that way for a reason.

In the time that :tpf: has existed we have had four versions of the tasting note index pages. The first three of those were created by people who expressed an interest, created an index, updated it for a while and then vanished. Because of this the Admins decided some time ago that, despite our limitations as programmers, we would have an index that we were technically capable of maintaining without external assistance. That is what we have today.

I am happy to add a link to the new version of the index but I think our old clunky version needs to remain else we will go back to where we were before.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
WineLoverPT
Warre’s Warrior

Post by WineLoverPT »

DRT wrote:In the time that :tpf: has existed we have had four versions of the tasting note index pages. The first three of those were created by people who expressed an interest, created an index, updated it for a while and then vanished. Because of this the Admins decided some time ago that, despite our limitations as programmers, we would have an index that we were technically capable of maintaining without external assistance. That is what we have today.
Entirely understandable.
If you, or someone in the internal team, is on a Mac, I can supply you with the AppleScripts I wrote and then you could have it totally under your control "in house".
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Conversation moved to email...
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn