Wasn't there a potential one coming in July 2007?

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Wasn't there a potential one coming in July 2007?

Post by Conky »

Al-K,

Dont I have a vague recollection of a potential Off-Line coming up in July. I know I wasn't invited :D , but I'm inviting myself!
In the mundane world of reality, I have my kids every other week, so I might be stuck with them if the date falls wrong, but if you want the numbers swelling, as early notice as possible! I may have a Fonseca 85 as my admission ticket!

Alan

If this doesn't happen, I'll work on the gorgeous Debra to organise one at mine in the forthcoming months. I should be able to cater for up to half a dozen guests, but the sleeping arrangements might have to be 'Cosy'! :shock: Or there's local hotels to retire to,etc.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

The Rootses maybe over, which is still in doubt. Not that you aren't invited, just not settled yet.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

I am still hoping we'll be there in July, but it's not a sure thing we'll make it. It depends on whether LadyR can do a course there for which she subscribed. Course is full, she's on a waiting list, and we'll probably only know on short notice. I'll keep you guys posted!
bman
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Post by bman »

I won't be in Europe in July, but at least I now have 10 posts and will no longer be ruby port - not that I'm sure that Bin 27 is any better.... :cry:
bman

Post by bman »

Wait a minute, I'm at 10 and I'm still cheap ruby! :x

Whazzup??!!
bman

Post by bman »

I give up for tonight, I gotta go to bed..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

At least you are no longer Cruz Ruby. 25 for Cockburn's.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

It looks like we're on!

LadyR just got a green light on the course, and I checked on tickets, It will only cost me about ┚¬20 to fly in that period, an amount that I think I can handle... :lol:

I think we will at least be available for an offline in the evening of July 18 and 19, but I'll let you know when we've sorted out the details!

:D 88)
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Great - see you in a couple of weeks.

Anybody else up?
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Any more details? Location,etc.
I wish I'd held back a bit, but I wrongly thought Ronnie was struggling, so I threw my offer in. I'll try an get another past Debs but I'll have to see how you develop it, and try to pitch it right.
Over to you lads.

Alan
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

We'll be in London for the days, so a location in that area seems best. Crusting Pipe perhaps? Or another location if someone has a better idea?
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Alright, more details are known now. We will definitely be available for the evenings of July 18 and 19. LadyR's course will last until around 5PM, so anytime after that we're available. Our hotel is the Radisson Hotel on Leicester Square, but I don't mind travelling a bit to go to a certain venue.

I hope we can work something out!
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I have a need to be in London quite often in the coming few weeks so I think I can say I'm in. Crusting Pipe does me fine 88)

What's the theme?

Derek
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Great!

Theme? erm, port?
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Doh! :shock:
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

One Port, one something else?
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I'm in as well. I'd prefer the 19th as I'm trying to blag myself an invite to the Twenty20 Quarter Finals on the 18th but if the 18th is the only day that works for everyone then I'll just turn up late.

Theme for the evening is Port. I might be able to manage to find something suitable but I'll have to check my cellar list...

The Crusted Pipe in Covent Garden is a great location for me to get home from (via Waterloo) and an easy walk to / from Leicester Square so it looks like that would be a good choice of venue.

Shall I send out a more widely distributed invitation to people like Christopher Gee, Stuart Chapman, Nicos etc? Are you going to post the news of the visit on FTLOP for the UK folks who only post there?

Alex
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Sounds fair - it's a UK off-line, not just a TPF off-line.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I spoke to Roy over the weekend about many things - and shared some extremely fine ports with him and his other guests. Roy is very relaxed about this forum and visits it from time to time. As he explained it to me, he sees the "audience" for this forum to be very different to that of FTLOP, this one being very much more informal compared to the sharp focus on port / madeira that he is trying to maintain on FTLOP.

I will happily (try) to post a thread that links to this thread - it might stretch my IT skills a little though :shock:

Alex
Last edited by Alex Bridgeman on 21:02 Wed 04 Jul 2007, edited 1 time in total.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

I've posted on FTLOP, here's the link so that we can keep synchronised.
Port is basically a red drink
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

It was noticeable, at the last one at TCP (oh 'eck), that having the other wines helped to highlight the Port. Probably diluted it a bit.

I will drag something else along anyway.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

OK - I don't really get this port plus something else thing but will play along for fun. I have some Laithwaite's Private Cellar's Bordox - will that do?

Enough of that - Port - where are we going with the port? Are we talking something off the wall, classics, a vertical or horizontal theme? Give me a clue, please?

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

I've got loads of the Private Cellar Borducks, it's OK but not as good as Tony Laithwaite pretends. It's Cotes du Castillon, which is a St Emilion satellite. Excellent for the price but it's not Petrus.

Don't worry, it'll probably only be the Rootses and me that will be interested anyway.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

We are still thinking about what port to bring, maybe something from our own cellar or perhaps buy something there? Note sure... Thinking of a theme may help.

BTW, if there is anything that you guys like to taste from our portfolio just let me know. We are happy to bring some along.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Oh, and another thing: I've posted a note on the WS board as well to see if any others might also be interested in joining us.