1985 Graham

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

1985 Grahams VP

Post by Axel P »

The Grahams 85 VP is my winner in this generally declared year. I have had this wine very often, but mostly could not resist finishing it prior to its optimum decanting time of at least 4 hours. This wine looks fairly young for its 23 years of age. Slight bottle stink, this wine appears to be not integrated. I put my glass aside for a couple of hours but it did not disappear. I have better memories when thinking about it. Let’s try again.
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Is G85 particularly susceptible to bottle stink?

Post by jdaw1 »

Is G85 particularly susceptible to bottle stink?
[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=7900#7900]Here[/url], in a TN about Graham’s 1985, jdaw1 wrote:On the second day the Graham was still horrible. Whatever was hiding behind the bottle stink was too well hidden for me. Foul—and a great shame, as I have had several excellent G85s.

Ending its life as an ingredient in an English-style spaghetti bolognese. It’s the only language they understand.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

I dont think so. I had this wine at least 6 times last year and all were perfect - except that I couldnt wait for the optimum decanting time...

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

AHB is having a Graham 1985 tonight,

Post by jdaw1 »

AHB is having a Graham 1985 tonight, which apparently is a good bottle. Good.