- Review of the evening as a whole;
- Davy's Crusted 197? (I — CPR);
- 196? Martinez (II — MPM);
- 1922 Martinez (III — AHB);
- 1935 Sandeman (IV — IDJ);
- 1945 Dow (V — THRA);
- 1912 Cockburn (VI — PW);
- 1955 Taylor (VII — ?);
- 1924 Unknown (VIII — RLC);
- 1927 Tuke Holdsworth (IX — AP);
- 1933 Quinta do Cais Colheita, bottled 1988 (X — WPS);
- Paperwork: sticky labels, TN and voting pages;
- Planning and arrangements.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
The traditional Christmas Tasting was held in Tom’s pub.
- Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962
- Posts: 11724
- Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
- Location: Berkshire, UK
Red ochre in colour, 70% opaque. Nosing of meat juices and gravy with a hint of alcohol. Rather dry entry, poised and balanced. Very tertairy on the palate with lots of golden sultanas and raisins mixed with brown sugar and burnt toffee. Warm finish with a hint of tannin and a touch of chewiness. Lovely mature port, but very sweet. This was a mid-shoulder and seeping bottle. After an hour the port had fallen apart and developed a rather bad smell. 88/100. 15-Dec-16. Decanted 1½ hour.