NV Waitrose Crusted 2015

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Tarne
Cheap Ruby

NV Waitrose Crusted 2015

Post by Tarne »

2015 Waitrose & Symington Crusted
Except for a whiff of paraffin on the nose, a first for me, sadly no other aromas were apparent. 90% opaque. Silky with a little acidity on the palate. Strangely flavours were difficult to determine - a little like a lunchtime plonk bought to accompany a snack you can see its red but its parentage is a mystery. Very short finish. On the second day the only noticeable evolvement was less paraffin. One word summary - underwhelming!

I am retracing my steps for the second and in some cases the third time through L B V's and almost all the unfiltered ones I have tried have been vastly more satisfying and knocked this wine into a cocked hat.

Bought as a treat but certainly not good value at £19.99 - into every life a little rain must fall. But, I could have enjoyed two bottles of 2015 Maynard's unfiltered L B V from Aldi for the same outlay. Come on Waitrose & Symington I expect a bit more bang for my buck at £19.99.
amusermix
Cruz Ruby

Re: 2015 Waitrose & Symington Crusted

Post by amusermix »

This sounds great. Will be looking for on my next run.