Many wonderful ports

Anything to do with Port.
Sten
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Many wonderful ports

Post by Sten »

We have had a wonderful Port Wine month of November. It started with The Port Wine festival in Copenhagen on the 4th and ended with the Port Wine Festival in Leverkusen on the 29th of November. We were enjoying over 70 houses of the wonderful vintage 2017 and if you are interested in our tasting notes, please read www.vintageport.se . Unfortunately, some of us are too old to have the opportunity to drink this memorable vintage when it is matured - many years from now.
In between those festivals, our Wine Society 18% in Malmö had a Great Tasting of 27 houses of the vintage year 1989 and my sons-in-law also took part in a tasting of 51 different houses of the vintage year 1994 (all the tasting notes may not be ready to read about yet, but will of course come).
Now, we have celebrated Christmas and we usually drink very old vintages (often > 100 years old). Unfortunately last Christmas I could not find my 1918 in my cellar until Easter, but I found it at last. This year, we have had two from 1908, two quite rare (in Sweden) houses from 1983 and we ended with Guimaraens from 1919 and 1972. For tasting notes, visit our website!

We wish you all a Happy New Year!

Sten Ivarsson
Malmö, Sweden
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Many wonderful ports

Post by jdaw1 »

Splendid drinking!