1970 Taylor

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

1970 Taylor's VP

Post by RonnieRoots »

My TN from the BBR offline, August 2005:
Very fresh, young nose, with lovely red fruit, some tobacco and a whiff of alcohol. I was very impressed with the taste; so young, so powerful, packed with fruit, only some secondary aroma's showing. Thick and stingy. A great glass of port. My no. 3 of the evening.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

From the BBR off-line:
From the Magnum. Distinctly browner than any other wine, which was a surprise from the Magnum with bricking on the rim. Absolutely masses of raisins, a tiny bit of nail polish in the background but not VA-spoiled. A nice bite on the tongue and "something green" in the background - maybe basil. My number 3 of the night.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

From Crusting Pipe off-line:
Dark Ruby but not as dark as the Graham's. Nose of cherries and dried fruit with a muskiness that later became obviously TCA. In the mouth it was dried fruits with a coffee after-taste prompting me to claim that it was indisputably Fonseca - wrong! Shame about the TCA as I reckon this could have been the best of the vintage.