1994 Cockburn

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Tyee
Cruz Ruby

Post by Tyee »

1994 Cockburn Vintage Port
March 2008
KWB

I've had very little experience with Cockburn VP's in the past.
From things I've read in the past, Cockburn's reputation is making a more 'Elegant Less Sweet' style of VP.

This bottle suprised me...I did not expect the sweetness.
I got Sweet gingerbread cookie with raisins, blackberry syrup and currants.
Another taster noticed a slight 'Glue' note on the nose...but claimed it dissipated with some time in the glass.

Being out of town at the time, I decanted this VP only hours before, and only to get most of the sediment out (very little sediment)...I had to pour the wine back into the bottle right away so I could return the decanter to the Hotel bar asap.

Still very tight...with little to no airtime, I honestly don't think I gave this VP a chance to show it's best...but enjoyable never the less.
Age is not important unless you're a Port.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

Thanks for the hint. I just bought a case of 12 but will leave them in the cellar for another 10y.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Tyee,

I hope you do not mind but I have split your TN from the thread previously posted by Uncle Tom as we like to have one thread for each bottle tasted of any particular port.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

I won some at auction and don't plan on opening for some time. Thanks for the head's up!