2001 Warre LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Rubby
Fonseca LBV

2001 Warre LBV

Post by Rubby »

2001 Warre's LBV (Filtered)
decant +1: Very hot!! Very dark cherry-red color. Nose of cherries and liquorice, cocoa and something vegetable (cucumber?). Palette of Cherries, raisins and plums. Nice and long aftertaste with gooseberry added, although the alcohol is a bit too prominent.

decant +3: Heat is blowing off now. Nose is gaining a bit of candy apple and some spices. Palette is gaining apple too. Realy nice, fresh explosion of fruits!

decant +24: A lot of the fruity surprises of day one have disappeared and left a somewhat mediocre LBV.

If drunk on the day of decanting, this is a lovely LBV with lots of little surprises. Don't leave too much for the next day.
Frequently Ask Questions
10Anos
Fonseca LBV

Post by 10Anos »

Here I compared this with a Conqueror LBV 2001.

I'm enjoying it right now. The one I'm tasting seems to be a bit more fruity and I didn't notice the heat (but I must say I didn't start until decant +2). Right now (decant + 3.5) it's indeed very enjoyable.