1992 Andresen Colheita (bottled 2007)

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Rubby
Fonseca LBV

1992 Andresen Colheita (bottled 2007)

Post by Rubby »

Bottled in 2007.

Not decanted. It had such a lovely strong nose on opening, that I decided to pour straight from the bottle.

Golden brown with bright yellow rim.
What a fantastic nose! Almost too much, like it's scented! Lots of caramel and oak on the nose. Also orangepeel, vanilla and raisins.
Very thick creamy texture. Again caramel and oak on the palette, accompanied by leather, brown sugar, all sorts of dried fruit and even some mocca. There's also something sour at the tip of the tongue which gives this Colheita a pleasant freshness and even youthfullness. The alcohol is integrated nicely.
What a nose! I can't say this too often. It's a perfume!
Aftertaste reasonably long and comes in waves.

Really lovely Colheita!
Frequently Ask Questions
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Nice! Where did you find this?
Rubby
Fonseca LBV

Post by Rubby »

RonnieRoots wrote:Nice! Where did you find this?
It was sort of a lucky find;
in Hoog Catharijne opposite the Gall&Gall, there's a cheese shop, which sells really good quality cheeses of the world (e.g. some Stilton :wink: ).
They have a small shelf of Andresen (LBV, Colheita & 10yr old next to the obvious Tawny and Ruby).
I was pleasantly surprised, because I haven't found any Andresen in The Netherlands till now.

I've had their 2000 LBV as well, and yum's the word.
Frequently Ask Questions