1935 Delaforce

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

1935 Delaforce Vintage Port

Post by DRT »

Consumed in the company of Uncle Tom and others at The Most Recent And Dishonourable Order Of The Dead Cow on 3rd May 2008.

I did not take a tasting note of this at the time so this is purely from a very hazy memory but I thought worthy of this post to mark the occassion.

Dark brownish red with a rather spicy nose which I recall commenting was better than the 1960 tasted earlier on that and on the previous evening. A delicious lingering taste, typical of these old fragile wines. I think I remember oranges.

That's as good as we're going to get unless Tom has a better memory than I.

Thanks Tom.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

At first sip this one seemed very tertiary, but the colour was very good for its age. Later it showed much better, sharing a distinctive peppery note with the '60.

In decline, but doing so gracefully. My first encounter with this wine, I'm pleased to have several more bottles!

Score 6-5

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill