2000 Quinta de Ventozelo

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

2000 Quinta de Ventozelo

Post by DRT »

From a half bottle. Short unbranded cork. Lots of grape skin-like sediment, much more than I would expect from a wine of this age.

+ 3 Hours
Not opaque, dark purple/red. Licorice nose. Soft and light in the mouth. A hint of that astringent youth but quite developed. Very dry and quite unremarkable really apart from a decent finish.

Let's see what 24 hours does to this.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I have just realised that my use of the description "short unbranded cork" was rather vague and unhelpful. It is 43mm long and the bottle has an inner girth of 18mm.

I feel better now.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Please: corks >55mm; necks <18mm

Post by jdaw1 »

[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=13907#13907]Here[/url] jdaw1 wrote:Time-saving announcement.

Please, if you open a bottle of port and the cork is longer than 55mm, tell me. Scores ≤55mm are no longer useful to this survey.

Please, if you open a bottle of port and the inner diameter of the neck is narrower than 18mm, tell me. Scores ≥18mm are no longer useful to this survey.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Derek very kindly left half of this half bottle with me, but was absolutely insistant on me posting a tasting note, so here it is:

Q. Ventozelo 2000 Vintage Port

- It was OK

Tom :D
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill