1963 Delaforce

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1963 Delaforce vintage port

Post by uncle tom »

From the same case as the bottle sampled by Julian a while back.

Although a fine golden colour in the glass, with a pleasant nose and a slightly peppery note on the palate, the wine was compromised by a fire that was severe at first decanting, less prominant after a few hours, but then refused to go away.

Indeed there was little evolution between +6 hrs and +3 days.

The '60 was marginally better - score 4-3

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 1963 Delaforce vintage port

Post by jdaw1 »

uncle tom wrote:From the same case as the bottle sampled by Julian a while back.
Tasting note.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Interesting TN, do you think this just over the hill now and lost all fruit. Old Delaforce doesn't show up on this side of the pond very often.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

No, it's only marginally over the hill, and not really tertiary yet; but it now has more spirit than it can handle.

I'm thinking I should have tried leaving the top of the decanter for a while to allow a little evaporation - must try that next time I get a bottle with a similar problem.

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill