1995 Warre LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

1995 Warre LBV (special thanks to Killer Bee)

Post by Axel P »

Very dark red (almost black) with minimum signs of age, but a fairly watery consistence.
The nose is very fruity with a strong rasberry touch. Sweet spices and tar. In the mouth it continues the nose with more tar and some tobacco. The aftertaste is slightly acidic, but definitely alcoholic.

The wine itself is a pleaser, but needs more time to straighten out the alcohol and the acidity.

Axel

Thanks Alex!
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: 95 Warre LBV (special thanks to Killer Bee)

Post by KillerB »

Axel P wrote:Very dark red (almost black) with minimum signs of age, but a fairly watery consistence.
The nose is very fruity with a strong rasberry touch. Sweet spices and tar. In the mouth it continues the nose with more tar and some tobacco. The aftertaste is slightly acidic, but definitely alcoholic.

The wine itself is a pleaser, but needs more time to straighten out the alcohol and the acidity.

Axel

Thanks Alex!
You're welcome.

This follows most people's reaction about extra time - along with the Croatia - Turkey match that I'm watching.
Port is basically a red drink
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Axel,

I'm drinking that one as well. No point in doing Tasting Notes, I've had all sorts of other drinks prior to it, and I'm on the decking with a mate, giving it large! :oops:

He thinks its lovely and smooth as well.

Alan