1975 Graham

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

1975 Grahams Vintage Port

Post by Axel P »

Bought 1986 at the duty free shop at Heathrow. Perfectly stored.

I was camping yesterday and my host, who has a house nearby was asked for a decent bottle of port and showed up with this one. Although I do not like the 75s this one was a marvellous example. Very clear colour, brown hints. Nose strong with different berries and a coffee-taste (I get to this one later...). In the mouth this wine was definitely the strongest 75 I have ever tasted, though I had the Grahams 75 in January this year. Strong with many different notes: spicy, fruity (rasberries) and a good accompanying alcoholic note. A middleweight aftertaste completed this surprisingly good impression of a 75 Vintage Port.

Axel

P.S.: As the question came out of the blue, we had to work around some things. As we were in possesion of a corkscrew this one was not too tough, but anything close to a decanter was missing. We used an coffee pot and allowed a decanting time of about 3 hours, so that might be the source of the coffee-nose. :)
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com