1987 Delaforce Corte

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1987 Delaforce Corte

Post by uncle tom »

Selected for being the youngest bottle in my cellar to have a base of neck level.

Decanted 7pm - no sign of seepage when I drew the cork.

A little bit pale for its age, decanted cleanly.

First sip - no bottle stink and a lovely fruity nose, but on the palate it needs time to compose itself. Not obviously immature.

- more anon..

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: 1987 Delaforce Corte

Post by uncle tom »

D + 27

Nicely composed but its immaturity is now very noticeable, although less so than the Churchill Agua Alta I had last year.

Paler in colour also than I recall of the Churchill, and a lighter wine overall. Should be glorious in another five to ten years.

I'm thinking that I should really stop drinking the '87's for a few years, although I'm tempted to pop a Cockburn Tua - maybe one will find it's way to an offline at some point..

Anyway, for immediate gratification this is a good wine that has youth against it - middle of the road, score 5

Plenty of scope for improvement, but will always be at the lighter end of the spectrum,

So score 5-7

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill