NV Quinta do Vallado Tawny 10YO

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

NV Quinta do Vallado Tawny 10YO

Post by Axel P »

Normally I would not write about a 10y old Tawny anymore - except on a tasting where I would compare many, but this is an extraordinary good one. As explained to me by the owner, it is actually a bit more of age in there as 10 years and this is easily noticable. Pale color, like you would expect it from a 20y old brother. Full dry fruit bouquet with a very nice complexity and a good freshness. Full palate with nuts, raisins and almonds. A very well made 10y old. 17

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Re: 10y old Quinta do Vallado

Post by RonnieRoots »

Agreed, Vallado is the top when it comes to aged tawnies. The 20YO is superb as well.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

True, but the 10y old is really keeping his head out of the water above (all) the others I have tasted so far. They will most probably start to produce VP from 09 on, when their new building is ready.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Really? I kind of liked the idea that they only did aged tawnies. But it will definitely be interesting to see how the quality will be.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

I wish I could find some Vallado in the US... I'd love to try their 20-yr old and see how it stacks up against the Ramos Pinto, Ferreira, Sandeman, Fonseca, and Taylor Fladgate!
Glenn Elliott