NV Graham Crusted 1998

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1998 Graham crusted

Post by uncle tom »

Third bottle from a case bought four years ago, the last bottle having been popped two years ago.

Immediately approachable after decanting, with little evolution thereafter

From the last time, I remembered the wine as being raw, and lacking composure; but what a difference a couple of years makes..

Fabulous fruity nose - as good as anything I can recall from any port. On the palate, young, but well composed and fruity with tannins that are barely noticeable.

A great casual quaff.

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: 1998 Graham crusted

Post by KillerB »

I've just checked and mine are 2000. Does this mean I need to wait another two years or are the 2000s drinking nicely now?
Port is basically a red drink
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: 1998 Graham crusted

Post by uncle tom »

I've just checked and mine are 2000. Does this mean I need to wait another two years or are the 2000s drinking nicely now?
Don't know, but patience is a virtue, and may pay dividends!

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill