1975 Taylor

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1975 Taylor

Post by uncle tom »

Five bottles decanted in readiness for my birthday bash tomorrow night. (A Taylor '35 will also be decanted tomorrow lunchtime)

Now supping the combined dregs of the bottles..

I had previously had this one marked down as a reasonable wine, but also as a drink-up candidate. It being 18 months since I last opened one, and having ten bottles in the cellar, it seemed a good target for my guests.

This wine is a little fiery, but hopefully that will pass; it is more tannic than I expected, and is also a little darker and more robust than I had anticipated.

I tasted each of the bottles's dregs to make sure none were corked, and noted a great variation in the nose; none had any significant bottle stink, but some had a rich and aromatic nose while others were much more muted.

See how they show tomorrow..

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: 1975 Taylor

Post by g-man »

Ah happy birthday to you Uncle Tom,

I might have to plan my own birthday 3 days after yours!

I've been planning a 64 Lafite Rothschild for mine =P
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz