Tasting at Quinta do Passadouro Monday 29th June 2009

What happened?
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Tasting at Quinta do Passadouro Monday 29th June 2009

Post by KillerB »

Tom, Axel and I were staying over at Quinta do Passadouro and we were looked after by Ronald and Jet, who were lovely. The rooms were comfortable and the views astonishing. Before we toddled up to Noval we were given a tasting by Jorge Borges, chief winemaker at Passadouro and a tour of the wine-making facilities. Very interesting to see the technology being used there. Thanks Jorge for a very educational tour

I was very remiss and didn't have anything to take notes with but I know that others have so will leave this open and add the notes in as required. What I can say is that the wines have an exceptional structure and should be around for a very long time getting better and better. Well done all at Passadouro for producing such good table wines as well as the lovely Port.

Thanks Jorge for a very educational tour and for making such good, powerful wines.
Port is basically a red drink
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Tasting at Quinta do Passadouro Monday 29th June 2009

Post by DRT »

Here is a link to a thread from a previous visit I made to Passadouro

Ronald and Jet are indeed fantastic hosts and the Quinta is very comfortable, friendly and excellent value for money. I would recommend Passadouro to anyone who is planning to visit and stay in the Douro.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Christopher
Niepoort LBV

Re: Tasting at Quinta do Passadouro Monday 29th June 2009

Post by Christopher »

I would like to second Derek's comment, Ronald and Jet are wonderful hosts and made our visit fantastic. I have stayed at a few Quinta's that take paying guests and this is honestly my favourite. Having hosts at the property makes this wonderful, they are very welcoming, have a fantastic selection of wines available for guests and serve a most excellent breakfast. The rooms are basic but have all you need but with great views. The best bit is having dinner, all the guests together in the evening outside on a long table the food is superb. I would definitely go back again.