NV Ramos Pinto Ervamoira Tawny 10YO

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

NV Ramos Pinto Ervamoira Tawny 10YO

Post by JacobH »

NV Ramos Pinto Quinta De Ervamoira 10-year-old Tawny
This bottle was a very nice Christmas present: the sort of Port I'd be interested to try but would never think to buy myself. It's also the first SQTP--Single Quinta Tawny Port--I've tried which is made by a traditional shipper. Unfortunately, I have a cold, so smelling is out of the question and tasting is a bit tricky, too.

The colour is, as is often the case with 10-year-olds, slightly mad: bright orange with a touch of pink. In the mouth, I think it's quite attractive: lots of a fruit balancing the tawniness. Perhaps even a bit of rounded tannins? It's certainly the most fruit-centred tawny I've tried: it almost tastes as if it was made from three bottles of tawny and one bottle of ruby.

I've saved half a bottle in the fridge, which will be interesting to try when I'm in a better Port-tasting state of health, to see if I can extract more subtly than just "fruit"...
Last edited by JacobH on 09:57 Wed 31 Mar 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: NV Ramos Pinto Qunita De Ervamoira 10-year-old Tawny

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Jacob

Your fingers were faster than the keyboard when typing Quinta in the title...
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: NV Ramos Pinto Qunita De Ervamoira 10-year-old Tawny

Post by JacobH »

Opps...so I was...Should be corrected now...