1967 Croft Roeda

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
benread
Niepoort 1977

1967 Croft Quinta da Roeda

Post by benread »

A recent acquisition, opened tonight to consume with the political first we experienced - a leaders debate. The debate engaged me, but not as much as the Roeda! The Grand Daddy of Roeda for me, not jus in age but also in substance. Darker and clearer than I expected (particularly given the slightly leaking cork), it was on the sweet but extremely drinkable side. As ever (I am begining to think I have a defective nose) I got little on the nose but it was beautifully smooth to drink.

I am not often prone to venture an "Uncle Tom" score, but for this I would suggest (amongst all both single quinta and vintage port) an 8 for immediate gratification and 6 for the longer term. I doubt I will enjoy many bottles more than I enjoyed this one in the next 8 months of this year (unless I open the other 2 I bought!) but given its colour and body I think it has a little more left in it.

If you have any, I suspect you will enjoy it a lot right now, but I do not believe you need to rush to do so!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
Alex M
Quinta do Noval LBV

Re: 1967 Croft Quinta da Roeda

Post by Alex M »

Sounds lovely. I've been trying to source a bottle for a reasonable price. If you dont mind me asking, where did you get yours from?