1977 Sandeman

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Deleted_User_1

1977 Sandeman Jubilee Vintage Port

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

Decanted and poured within a few minutes. Initially lots of rose petals on the nose with a burn off of alcohol.

On the eye it was very clear and bright with a light but vibrant red colour.

Enormous heat on first taste but after around 15 minutes this had burnt off leaving a very smooth entry with lots of strawberry / red fruit sweetness.

The finish had a touch of heat and a long fresh aftertaste.

Overall I really liked this wine but would say It was quite thin so I think it is probably at its limit so drink up chaps if you have any.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: 1977 Sandeman Jubilee Vintage Port

Post by g-man »

Cookie wrote:Decanted and poured within a few minutes. Initially lots of rose petals on the nose with a burn off of alcohol.

Enormous heat on first taste but after around 15 minutes this had burnt off leaving a very smooth entry with lots of strawberry / red fruit sweetness.

Overall I really liked this wine but would say It was quite thin so I think it is probably at its limit so drink up chaps if you have any.
I usually will decant this for 2-4 hours. It's certainly not a mind blower but very enjoyable when the heat blows off.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
Deleted_User_1

Re: 1977 Sandeman Jubilee Vintage Port

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

g-man wrote:
Cookie wrote:Decanted and poured within a few minutes. Initially lots of rose petals on the nose with a burn off of alcohol.

I usually will decant this for 2-4 hours. It's certainly not a mind blower but very enjoyable when the heat blows off.
So do I but I was gasping! :lol: