2003 Quevedo LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
benread
Niepoort 1977

2003 Quevedo LBV

Post by benread »

This bottle was acquired directly from Quevedo 4 days ago. My curiosity can no longer be fought off, so it was opened tonight. There is a fine sediment which decanted cleanly with the bottle having been stood upright for 48 hours. Lovely dark red colour, but appears clear. On the nose it smells very fruity and 'big'. A brief taste (from the glass with the sediment in, which is otherwise destined for dinner!) suggests it is going to be a good night!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
benread
Niepoort 1977

Re: 2003 Quevedo LBV

Post by benread »

OK. This is a very drinkable LBV of the style I approve - unfiltered! Some tannins but nothing that sucks the moisture from your mouth in the way some very young vintage ports do. More of a smoothness to it.

Extremely drinkable and I would buy more if I could find it easily. At the EUR12 direct from the winery this is a bargain!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: 2003 Quevedo LBV

Post by Andy Velebil »

Yes, Oscar's '03 LBV is fantastic and it will be fun to see how this drinks down the road (which should be quite well).