1985 Churchill

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

1985 Churchill

Post by SCP-DFF »

A good wife has many duties for her husband: I'm sure most of you can name a few. Sometimes these duties are cumbersome, tedious, and plain exhausting. ;-) One of these many important duties is helping her husband taste freshly decanted port, and is also one that brings me (and the hubby) pleasure. :D

This one is the 1985 Churchill. Freshly decanted: In the nose, a tiny hint of celery (!), and blackberries. Taste, lots of heat and not much fruit at all. Color a dull dark cherry red.

SCP-DFF
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Re: 1985 Churchill

Post by SCP-DFF »

(I'm taking dictation from hubby, Mr Wiseman.) He comments:

"Opaque plum-red, very bright hue. Nose has spearmint, not regular mint, and plums. The spearmint very strong. Some heat in the mouth, more of the spearmint. Good sweetness. Medium weight. Length good, but not great. And that's all I have to say at the moment."

And after other silly comments after reading what I typed from his dictation, I say, tough, forget about those curly quotes.

-Mrs W. AKA SCP-DFF
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

SCP-DFF, on behalf of jdaw1, wrote:Nose has spearmint, not regular mint
Hmm...I thought spearmint--mentha spicata--is the most commonly cultivated species of mint, and thus deserving the epithet ‟regular”...
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

JacobH wrote:Hmm...I thought spearmint--mentha spicata--is the most commonly cultivated species of mint, and thus deserving the epithet ‟regular”...
Is it the most common of the wild mints?

Anyway, that spearmint whether or not ‘regular’ persisted to the end. Alas that end, the bottle not being an Imperial, is now happening. Such is the life with which we have been cursed the finite bottle.