NV Croft Pink

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Mark D
Cheap Ruby

NV Croft Pink

Post by Mark D »

This is a new item for us. Quite some hoopla not long ago, we added it to see the response.

Color is light pink. Looks like Kool-aid. First sip, it is kool-aid! Gives off a cherry flavor that reminds me of cough syrup. While somewhat smooth, it doesn't feel like a port. Too light a pour. Aroma lacks depth too.

In all seriousness, this port is a gimmick. Add it to your soda or sprite over ice. We did and it turned out better. Think Shirley Temple.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Croft Pink Port

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

It's also nice when chilled and mixed with tonic instead of using white port.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
smisse
Fonseca LBV

Post by smisse »

None of the pink port's should be compared with normal ports.
I personally find the Quevedo Pink Port much better. And yes, on a hot day I do like a glass of pink (same as I like a glass of white port or wine).
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

smisse wrote:None of the pink port's should be compared with normal ports.
I personally find the Quevedo Pink Port much better. And yes, on a hot day I do like a glass of pink (same as I like a glass of white port or wine).
Quevedo and Kopke Rose Ports are recognizable as Port to me, and so worthy additions to the trade. Sure, they taste different than any other Port, but at least to me they still have some key characteristics that make them recognizable.

Sadly I cannot say the same about the Croft Pink.
Glenn Elliott