2008 Quinta do Crasto

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

2008 Quinta do Crasto

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Strong rose perfume on the nose, over an amazingly distinct pomegranate and melon. Strong, ripe grapefruit acidity hits the palate on impact, with lovely fruitiness and perfect tannins. The fierce tannins show their presence, but never quite dominate the grapefruit. Patience brings strong sweet blackcurrant. Blackcurrant and dark chocolate dominate the aftertaste and leads to a very big finish. 89-91/100. A very well balanced wine which will mature beautifully. 5 July 2010.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: 2008 Quinta do Crasto

Post by Axel P »

.... thanks for writing your 2008 comments here. I had the chance to taste quite a few in Portgual, but not all of them yet. Some are still in the cellar waiting to be tasted.

Right now I do have the feeling that 2008 is a very good SQ-year and do totally agree that up to now Noval is my winner (again). I do not know what they are doing there, but it is good.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com