Quinta prepositions (ℵ0)

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Quinta prepositions (ℵ0)

Post by jdaw1 »

Split from Quinta prepositions by jdaw1.
DRT wrote:You forgot "das".
Only relevant to Graham Quinta das Lages, Royal Oporto Quinta das Carvalhas, Quinta do Convento de São Pedro das Águias, and Quinta das Liceiras, none of which really count, so I wrapped it in to ‟other”.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Quinta prepositions

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:
Only relevant to Graham Quinta das Lages, Royal Oporto Quinta das Carvalhas, Quinta do Convento de São Pedro das Águias, and Quinta das Liceiras, none of which really count, so I wrapped it in to ‟other”.
All of those count. Are there any others in other?
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
All of those count.
I forgot about them. That proves that they don’t count. QED. ∎
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
I forgot about them. That proves that they don’t count. QED.
But I didn't forget about them, so they count. On this occassion you are wrong. Not even a maybe, just wrong. They count.
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
But I didn't forget about them, so they count. On this occassion you are wrong. Not even a maybe, just wrong. They count.
GM26? Royal Oporto anything? Maybe the nuns. Liceiras 1993, for those whose children were not born in ’93? I have a degree in mathematics, so I know about counting. And most of those couldn’t count to ℵ0.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
GM26? Royal Oporto anything? Maybe the nuns. Liceiras 1993, for those whose children were not born in ’93? I have a degree in mathematics, so I know about counting. And most of those couldn’t count to ℵ0.
"GM26"? Don't you mean "The only vintage of Graham's Quinta das Lages ever produced"? ("GM"?)

"Royal Oporto anything"? Don't you mean "Quinta das Carvalhas, one of the most prominent landmarks when arriving at Pinhao"?

"Liceiras 1993, for those whose children were not born in ’93?" Don't you mean the only VP in existance from that vintage?

In a world of port trivia your degree in mathematics and your own perception of your ability to count are both irrelevant. The above are port-geektastic facts. They count better than you can.
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
"GM26"? Don't you mean "The only vintage of Graham's Quinta das Lages ever produced"? ("GM"?)

"Royal Oporto anything"? Don't you mean "Quinta das Carvalhas, one of the most prominent landmarks when arriving at Pinhao"?

"Liceiras 1993, for those whose children were not born in ’93?" Don't you mean the only VP in existance from that vintage?

In a world of port trivia your degree in mathematics and your own perception of your ability to count are both irrelevant. The above are port-geektastic facts. They count better than you can.
Careless: I meant GL26, not GM. That reprimand accepted. Though you meant ‟Pinhão”. Anyway, they still couldn’t count to ℵ0. (Is it yet worth splitting this thread? More effort needed OK, we continue.)
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:

Careless: I meant GL26, not GM. That reprimand accepted. But they still couldn’t count to ℵ0. (Is it yet worth splitting this thread? More effort needed OK, we continue.)
WARNING: Time Tunnel approaching!
Ernest H. Cockburn
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:

Careless: I meant GL26, not GM. That reprimand accepted. But they still couldn’t count to ℵ0. (Is it yet worth splitting this thread? More effort needed OK, we continue.)
WARNING: Time Tunnel approaching!
They count. You need to learn when to concede.
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

If you’re going to start doing two consecutive posts, then that isn’t playing fair. Which proves that you know you’re wrong.

Splittage imminent.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:If you’re going to start doing two consecutive posts, then that isn’t playing fair. Which proves that you know you’re wrong.

Splittage imminent.
I'm not wrong.
Ernest H. Cockburn
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Glenn E. wrote:"das" is the only other preposition available
This is the real reason I am not wrong.
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Quinta prepositions (ℵ0)

Post by jdaw1 »

Split from Quinta prepositions by jdaw1.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:
Glenn E. wrote:"das" is the only other preposition available
This is the real reason I am not wrong.
You’re not wrong about that. But nor was I to bundle it into ‟other”. We’re both right.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:Split from Quinta prepositions by jdaw1.
I accept your surrender.
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Moving nine-deep quotations to MD is not surrender; it is merely the truth.

Anyway, good night from me.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I can't believe I've just spent 5 minutes of my life reading this thread. What a waste of time when I could have been drinking port instead.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Don't blame me, he started it :P
Ernest H. Cockburn
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

AHB wrote:I can't believe I've just spent 5 minutes of my life reading this thread. What a waste of time when I could have been drinking port instead.
Considering that this post was made at 8.08a.m., I salute your early-morning Port-drinking abilities!
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

AHB wrote:I can't believe I've just spent 5 minutes of my life reading this thread. What a waste of time when I could have been drinking port instead.
A crushing blow to your standing in my eyes. Surely this is one area in which you are an expert multi-tasker?
Glenn Elliott
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

JacobH wrote:
Considering that this post was made at 8.08a.m., I salute your early-morning Port-drinking abilities!
Had my first sip of port at 07:55 today.

(I wanted to see how the contents of the decanter were developing.)
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
oscar quevedo
Fonseca LBV

Post by oscar quevedo »

This post is hilarious... and I fell into the same trap you did Alex