2003 Quevedo LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

2003 Quevedo LBV

Post by JacobH »

An unfiltered LBV, with a driven cork. Dark in the middle, with just a touch of red on the rim.

On the nose, very attractive. Dark, complex aromas; with a certain amount of blackcurrant swirling around. In the mouth, a small amount of blackcurrant and blackberry is immediately present, with a nice amount of sugar. This is followed by quite a dry middle- and after- taste, with some black pepper and quite robust tannins which sit in the back of the throat. This gives the Port quite a chewy texture which I think will appeal to some who like their LBVs to be more like young vintage ports. The aftertaste is very long but very subtle. This feels like a serious Port in the way that many LBVs do not, and I think it will become extremely quaffable once it matures and becomes a little easier to drink.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: 2003 Quevedo LBV

Post by JacobH »

The decanter is now empty, which means that this must be more quaffable than I gave it credit for. :twisted: :twisted:
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

JacobH wrote:The decanter is now empty, which means that this must be more quaffable than I gave it credit for. :twisted: :twisted:
I have had the same problem with a couple of these I opened. :D

I personally wish more of this were available, but I think (again!) TPF members are responsible for seriously depleting available supplies. That said, the 2004 is a very promising younger sibling and available I believe.
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
smisse
Fonseca LBV

Post by smisse »

I still have a couple of boxes left in my cellar.
Will be interesting to see how it will develop over the coming years.
albertuswijnen
Cruz Ruby

Post by albertuswijnen »

I opened up a haf bottle (375ml) of the 2003 yesterday. Still tight and young. But I think it is opening up really soon. Maybe next time I'll have a regular size 2003 next to it.
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

Quevedo is making some great port in general. Their colheitas are wonderful.
F1 | Welsh Corgi | Did Someone Mention Port?