Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Sunday 3 April - FG warm-up at Crusting Pipe

Post by RAYC »

Rob C.
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: Sunday 3 April - FG warm-up at Crusting Pipe

Post by RAYC »

Somewhat more raucous than anticipated, no doubt aided by a well varied line-up of ports that - with only one exception - showed favourably.

jdaw1 - please post WOTN scores/breakdown - i suspect the outcome will be an infrequently repeated event!

I have not created TN links for the G77 or the Quarles Harris '97 decanted into (and drunk from) pint glasses at the Holiday Inn after-party on the basis that it would be a lost cause, but can do so by request.

And please, no-one mention sausage rolls....
Rob C.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

RAYC wrote:Somewhat more raucous than anticipated, no doubt aided by a well varied line-up of ports that - with only one exception - showed favourably.
Understatement that's for sure :lol: A great time was had by all and once I get around to my notes I'll post them. Many thanks to all who showed up and brought some tasty juice.
Chris Doty
Graham’s Malvedos 1996

Post by Chris Doty »

Thanks for putting up the links, Rob.

I didn't take formal notes, but I remember being especially impressed by the '91 de la Rosa. Also, the '95 Vesuvio showed remarkably better this evening than at the tasting we had about a year ago. Much more expressive, full bodied, and tasty.

Good bunch of wines. Nothing really blew me away, but completely casual and drinking nicely.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

There follows the completed voting sheet. As is usual practice, numbers are points not rank, so 3 = 1st place = 3 points, 2 = 2nd place = 2 points; 1 = 3rd place = 1 point. Wines are in rows; voters in columns.
Deleted_User_1

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

Please feel free to announce the cask sample as Niepoort 2009...but be gentle with the reviews please :wink: