- The Port Society;
- A Celebration of St George’s Day: Review of the event as a whole;
- 1955 Butler Nephew;
- 1959 Niepoort colheita (bottled 1977);
- 1964 Dalva colheita (bottled 1972);
- NV Taylor’s Special Vintage Character Lodge Port;
- 1986 Terra Feita;
- 2009 Niepoort cask sample;
- Invitation to the launch, and arrangements;
- Placemats for the tasting at the launch.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962
- Posts: 11456
- Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
- Location: Berkshire, UK
Ex-cellars. Youthful red, showing a little maturity; 90% opaque. Big on the nose, perfumed and expressive - lots of fruit coming out of the glass. Fruity, but in a refined way; big in flavour but medium bodied - full of strawberries and jelly. The fruit grows bigger on the palate. Tannins are resolved but noticeable, the structure mostly coming from the acidity of the wine. Big aftertaste, full of woody licorice and with lots of fruit. Tasty and enjoyable with good length. Very decent port. 87/100.