- The Port Society;
- A Celebration of St George’s Day: Review of the event as a whole;
- 1955 Butler Nephew;
- 1959 Niepoort colheita (bottled 1977);
- 1964 Dalva colheita (bottled 1972);
- NV Taylor’s Special Vintage Character Lodge Port;
- 1986 Terra Feita;
- 2009 Niepoort cask sample;
- Invitation to the launch, and arrangements;
- Placemats for the tasting at the launch.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962
- Posts: 11724
- Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
- Location: Berkshire, UK
From a 3 litre bottle, filled in 1985. Light in colour, a mid- to pale-red; 30% opaque. Slightly smelly on the nose, very mild bottle stink masking over-stewed rhubarb sweetened with brown sugar. Syrupy in texture, nice mouthfeel; very sweet, with mocha flavours which eventually allows some mild and sweet redcurrant through onto the palate. Gentle and soothing on the aftertaste, with a very pleasant finish of bitter rhubarb sweetened with brown sugar. An interesting port, quite pleasant. 83/100.