- The Port Society;
- A Celebration of St George’s Day: Review of the event as a whole;
- 1955 Butler Nephew;
- 1959 Niepoort colheita (bottled 1977);
- 1964 Dalva colheita (bottled 1972);
- NV Taylor’s Special Vintage Character Lodge Port;
- 1986 Terra Feita;
- 2009 Niepoort cask sample;
- Invitation to the launch, and arrangements;
- Placemats for the tasting at the launch.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Bottled 1972. Very light barley sugar in colour, 10% opaque. Quite herbaceous on the nose, smelling of fine composted leaves and freshly cut honeydew melon. Sweet in the mouth, with a silky texture and a medium body; tasting of mild brown sugar with damson overtones. A slight touch of heat on the afteraste, which evolves into a long, sticky burnt sugar finish. An elegant port, but one lacking in depth and complexity. 86/100.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests