1965 Graham Malvedos

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

1965 Graham's Malvedos Vintage Port

Post by DRT »

January 2007

1st bottle from a case of 12 bought ex-cellars in November 2006. My birth year port 88)

Cork broke in half - the bottle had started to leak slightly but from the look of the cork this had happened only recently, probably as a result of the wine being disturbed for te first time in nearly 40 years. Luckily, none of the other bottles in the case are showing any signs of leaking.

On Decanting
An attractive pale red colour - very clear and bright. Very smooth entry of
plums and anicede followed by a little heat and a decent finish.

+8 Hours
Darker in the glass. Dried fruit and a little heat on the nose. Bitter chocolate then a quick burst of heat which quickly faded to a nice long mouthwatering finish.

+14 Hours
Smooth and very Graham's - big juicy plums - heat has now gone and a good long sweet finish

+65 Hours
Colour darker and more brown than red. Hot nose and very tawny taste. Also tasted at 36 hours with similar experience - best at 8 to 14 hours

Score: 6-4
Last edited by DRT on 22:54 Fri 22 Jun 2007, edited 1 time in total.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Sounds like it was kept well. BTW, 8) doesn't do 88), you need stick another 8 or a - or do :cool : without the space, so that's

88), 8-) or :cool:
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

88)

I bought these from Fells following an email enquiry asking of the Symingtons had any of these left. They were delivered to me direct from the Graham's lodge in VNG - can't really get better provenance than that 88)
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Nearly as good as my cellar.