NV Graham Crusted 2003

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
benread
Niepoort 1977

2003 Graham's Crusted

Post by benread »

This was bottled in 2003. Nothing else is divulged about the constituent parts. Plenty of flakey sediment. Clean decant - had been stood up for two days. Meeting my need for a bold port to defeat the ongoing effects of cough and cold! Liquorice is the dominant flavour. Something almost medicinal about this, but that could just be my weakened state!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: 2003 Graham's Crusted

Post by RAYC »

benread wrote: Meeting my need for a bold port to defeat the ongoing effects of cough and cold!
I know the plural of anecdote is not anecdata and all that (or whatever the phrase is), but I'm a strong believer that a good dose of alcohol and some comfort food can kill off a cold.
Rob C.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

RAYC wrote:
benread wrote: Meeting my need for a bold port to defeat the ongoing effects of cough and cold!
I know the plural of anecdote is not anecdata and all that (or whatever the phrase is), but I'm a strong believer that a good dose of alcohol and some comfort food can kill off a cold.
There is no medical evidence that the comfort food is necessary, but it probably can't do any harm.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

DRT wrote:There is no medical evidence that the comfort food is necessary, but it probably can't do any harm.
Presumably comfort food = large piece of dead cow (or large portion of chick peas for one of our bretheren)
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.