4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Mid red colour, thinning at the rim; 60% opaque. Stewed and mature on the nose; lively and herbaceous on the nose. Medium bodied, tasting moderately mature but still with plenty of gentle tannins. Dark cherry fruit flavours dominate the late palate; these dominate the aftertaste and lead to a long, chocolate and dark cherry finish. Still delicious, but noticeable more mature than last time it was drunk. 90/100.
Port from the Nineteen Nineties, Monday 8th August 2011, at The Steak Exchange, 2 Exchange Square, London EC2A 2EH.
- Review of the evening as a whole;
- 1991 Morgan;
- 1991 Quinta do Noval (WSâ‚);
- 1990 Graham Malvedos (WSâ‚‚);
- 1995 Graham Malvedos (WSâ‚ƒ);
- 1992 Graham Malvedos (WSâ‚„);
- 1991 Quinta de la Rosa (DRTâ‚);
- 1996 Sandeman Vau (DRTâ‚‚, gift of RMW);
- 1997 Croft Roeda (CMAGâ‚);
- 1994 Ramos-Pinto (CMAGâ‚‚);
- 1997 Quarles Harris (AHB);
- 1991 Warre (PW);
- 1994 Quinta Eira Velha (BMHR);
- 1992 Quinta Eira Velha (THRA);
- 1992 Delaforce (RAYC);
- Planning and arrangements.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests