- Review of the evening as a whole;
- Croft Vintage Character;
- 1952 Burmester Colheita;
- Mundy’s Investiture Port (from AHB);
- Mundy’s Investiture Port (from BMHR);
- 1967 Martinez;
- 1970 Warre;
- 1977 Gould Campbell;
- 1983 Factory House Blend;
- 1991 Quinta de la Rosa;
- 2005 Noval LBV;
- 2005 Quinta do Noval single vineyard LBV;
- Planning and arrangements.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
M67: Dark red with 50% opacicty. I got the signature mint leaves on the nose and entry was a burst of smooth cough mixture that sadly goes too soon for my liking leaving a fairly long bitter orange finish....quite complex but none the less a nice wine with typical Martinez signatures.
- Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962
- Posts: 11971
- Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
- Location: Berkshire, UK
Mature red, showing bricking on the rim, 20% opaque. Slight heat shows on the nose, but with lots of juniper and pine. Medium bodied impact, light and dominated by modest but mature fruit with a hint of tannin and white pepper. Some heat on the aftertaste, then a pleasant and chewy mint and dark chocolate length that turns to a long strawberry jam. 84/100.