- Review of the evening as a whole;
- Croft Vintage Character;
- 1952 Burmester Colheita;
- Mundy’s Investiture Port (from AHB);
- Mundy’s Investiture Port (from BMHR);
- 1967 Martinez;
- 1970 Warre;
- 1977 Gould Campbell;
- 1983 Factory House Blend;
- 1991 Quinta de la Rosa;
- 2005 Noval LBV;
- 2005 Quinta do Noval single vineyard LBV;
- Planning and arrangements.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
GC77: dark dark red, 75% opaque. Nosing of over-ripe cantaloupe. Early-palate bitterness (enabling me to guess the shipper), but light, with a hint of roughness. Mid-length. Nice port, but not a super-star.
- Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962
- Posts: 11722
- Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
- Location: Berkshire, UK
Mid red, deep centre, 95% opaque. Youthful, vibrant nose, with lots of fruit and rose petals. Youthful and fairly aggressive entry; lots of fruit and sparkling acidity on the mid-palate - very young. Acidic and slightly harsh on the aftertaste and finish, but the finish is pleasant mix of bitter chocolate and pine sawdust. 84/100.