1952 Burmester Colheita (bottled 2010)

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 1952 Burmester Colheita

Post by jdaw1 »

B52 colheita: red-brown, 30% opaque. AHB’s torch revealed orange. Lotsof oxidation on the nose. Taste tawny. Full to mid-full. Very very long. Heat, on and off. Tastes older than it looks. Very good indeed.
Deleted_User_1

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

B1952 Colheita....30% opaque with a lovely golden colour. Typical tawny nose with a lovely sweet entry with a flood of caramel followed by a smooth level of heat and a very very long finish. An exquisite Colheita.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Does anyone know / remember when this was bottled?

Deep orange, with a slight greening rim. Lovely colheita nose - really quite lovely. Rich entry, full bodied; figs and dates with dusty tannins and balancing acidity - dominated by the dates. Delicious date finish of good length. Very fine port. 87/100.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

AHB wrote:Very fine port. 87/100.
I think you mis-typed that. It should be 97, right? :shock:

I'm jealous. 1952 is typically an outstanding Colheita year. I have had a couple of other Burmester Colheitas from this era and if they were accurate reflections of Burmester's capabilities I probably would have been at least in the 94-96 range on a '52.

These exquisite Ports are wasted on you lot. :wink:
Glenn Elliott
Deleted_User_1

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

AHB wrote:Does anyone know / remember when this was bottled?

Deep orange, with a slight greening rim. Lovely colheita nose - really quite lovely. Rich entry, full bodied; figs and dates with dusty tannins and balancing acidity - dominated by the dates. Delicious date finish of good length. Very fine port. 87/100.
This was bottled in 2010.
Deleted_User_1

Post by Deleted_User_1 »

Glenn E. wrote:

I'm jealous. 1952 is typically an outstanding Colheita year. I have had a couple of other Burmester Colheitas from this era and if they were accurate reflections of Burmester's capabilities I probably would have been at least in the 94-96 range on a '52.

Speak for yourself...I am always banging on about the underestimated quality of Colheitas but I'm up against a formidable force of VP lovers....and I get that too.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

Cookie wrote:
Glenn E. wrote:

Speak for yourself...I am always banging on about the underestimated quality of Colheitas but I'm up against a formidable force of VP lovers....and I get that too.
Duly noted. Exception granted for Mr. Cook.
Glenn Elliott