2000 Taylor

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

2000 Taylor's VP

Post by RonnieRoots »

Tasted January 2006:
Taylor’s
Smoky, tarry nose. Very compact, yet extremely powerful port. This has so much, but shows so little at the moment. Powerful, robust, a very big boy. 93+
Frederick Blais
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Frederick Blais »

Got this last night for my brother's birthday.

Deep ruby color with slight garnet rim. The first nose is showing smokey, dark chocolate and minerality. Upon swirl you get the classic Taylor bouquet with floral(lavander), licorice, jammy plums and cherries. The palate has a soft entry then build some power on mid-palate with great tannins grain, very compact still. The flavours of dark fruits, dark cherries and blackberries mainly mixed with the bitterness of dark chocolate and firm grip on the finish of very good lenght on those chocolate and peperry notes. 18.5/20+
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Had this last week at the Taylor lodge. Color was very dark purple. The nose was very tight and not giving a whole lot up other than a little grape. Wow, it was so tannic and acidic on the first sip it was hard to drink. The palate was also very tight but I found some prunes, plums, blackberries and an extra long finish. This is entering the shut down faze and I would not plan on opening one for at least another 7+ years. But this will be a great one when it finishes its juvenile stage.