2010 Dow Senhora da Ribeira

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

2010 Senhora da Ribeira vintage port

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I had the good fortune to be offered a half bottle cask sample of the 2010 Vesuvio and 2010 Senhora da Ribeira ports for tasting and review. I spent 7 days over the review of each of these ports in order to allow them to develop and show some of the complexity and structure that might not show so well on a short snap-shot tasting. These are my impressions:

Senhora da Ribeira 2010
A slight more scarlet on the rim than the Vesuvio tasted alongside. Initially this showed lots of blackcurrant on the nose, but that faded after a few days to develop more complexity with lavender and pine needles also showing. Elegant on the palate, with plenty of ripe fruit, soft tannins and ripe acidity. Medium - perhaps light- bodied. A light and slightly jammy aftertaste. Much lighter and more elegant than the Vesuvio and a more straightforward but very enjoyable wine. Will mature earlier than the Vesuvio. 87-89.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.