1992 Graham Malvedos

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

1992 Grahams Malvedos

Post by Axel P »

Out of a half bottle.

Frederik and Alan, thanks a lot 3 hours and the wine evolved to its max extend. But one after another:

On opening the wine seemed to be much lighter than I expected. Nose very reductive, some alcohol and light fruit (red berries). Looked much older to me; more like an 80s.

I was afraid that this wine is in the reductive phase, but 3 hours were needed to evolve and open up: just a tiny bit darker than directely after opening. Appeared rather thin concerning structure. Nose very open now: liquorice, black berry and a sweet spicy background. In the mouth the alcohol sets in late but fairly intense. Good but not too intense in the aftertaste.

This is a good wine, but from a Grahams, even "only" a Malvedos (not Quinta dos Malvedos), I expected a little more out of such a year.

It will hold another 10 years, might get a tiny bit better when the alcohol integrates a bit better.

Axel