2005 Quinta de la Rosa LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
AW77
Morgan 1991

2005 Quinta de la Rosa LBV

Post by AW77 »

Half bottle, stopper-cork (I hope this is the right English word for it), not decanted
quite dark, smells of sour cherry/morello cherry and black pepper, smooth in the mouth, not too sweet/ a kind of light sweetness, you can feel the acidity of the sour cherry in the mouth, which I find quite pleasant, quite a long finish, pretty good for a filtered LBV, the sour cherry surprised me, I didn't have this impression of taste before with a portwine (but I'm a beginner), bought this bottle for 11,50 Euros at my "usual dealer" in Berlin, from my stay at La Rosa in September this year I know that the bottle is sold there at around 7,50 Euro, the 05 is better that the 08 LBV I tasted at La Rosa, 86 points
I think I will get some more bottles with my next order.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: 2005 Quinta de la Rosa LBV

Post by djewesbury »

If your "usual dealer" is the one I think it is then say hello to Carsten from Belfast!
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
AW77
Morgan 1991

Re: 2005 Quinta de la Rosa LBV

Post by AW77 »

Yes, it's Karsten Kubin from Weingallerie (http://www.portwine.de). I think that's the best shop here in Germany. We don't have such an enviable port culture here in our country. When someone was talking about getting Bomfim 96 at Tesco's for 10 Pounds in another thread today I went totally green with envy...
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port