1985 Hooper

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
benread
Niepoort 1977

1985 Hooper

Post by benread »

Its been a while since I posted a TN, but this bottle appears to be one of less than half a dozen Hooper's we have publicly confessed to drking, so I felt somewhat obligated!

Acquired about 3 years ago from Four Walls, I had very little expectation from this bottle - in the main because I knew nothing of the name (and because my experience of little know 'H' producers has not been good - think Hutcheson...)!

It was not a blockbuster, but if I had a dozen of these tucked away, I would be happy. It was a clean decant off a heavy sediment. The colour was what I would expect from a 1985 vintage - translucent (just) but a good dark red. Tannins would best be described as well integrated and not overtly obvious. Not a blockbuster, but a very easy drinker.

It was abit like X-Factor (which I confess I was watching!) - entertainment you don't need or want to think about, but passes the time happily enough. (I have a few photos if anyone wants them.)
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!