NV Graham Crusted 1998

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
AW77
Morgan 1991

NV Graham Crusted 1998

Post by AW77 »

not much deposit, smells of redcurrant, D+2h: purple red (surprisingly dark for a 15 year old Crusted), smells a little bit of red currant, a little bit of pepper and a tiny bit of liquorice, jammy in the mouth (rather sweet), tastes of red currant which also lingers in the aftertaste, at the end of the finish there is a sharp acidity that reminds me of raspberry (this acidity is not unpleasant), a little bit of heat in the aftertaste, too, quite a long finish ; quite good 88 P.
The 98 Crusted is completely different from the 2000 Crusted that I tasted a couple of months ago. The 2000 was more evolved, more elegant and drier than the 98 is at the moment. The 98 more reminds me of a young Warre Cavadinha (it has the Warre "jammyness"). I think I will wait another 5 years until I open my next bottle of the 98 Crusted.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port